Compliance Calendar: December 2022
2022 is nearing its end. With all the festivities coming up, we wanted to ensure that you didn’t miss out on any of the important due dates. Find below the compliance calendar for the month of December.
GST Return Compliance
- 10th December: This is your monthly due date for filing GSTR-8 (E-Commerce Operator) & GSTR-7 i.e. the returns of TCS/TDS respectively.
- 11th December: Taxpayers need to file their GSTR-1 latest by this date. This is an e-form within which the monthly/quarterly Statement of Outward Supplies has to be provided. All registered taxpayers who make outward supplies of either goods/services or both need to fill out this form.
- 13th December: Individuals who are under the QRMP scheme can file GSTR-1 by IFF (Invoice Furnishing Facility). If you’ve opted for GSTR-1 via IFF, then this is the due date for you.
- 20th December:
- On this date your GSTR-3B for the month of November is due. GSTR-3B is a form that contains a self-declared summary of GST return.
- Forms GSTR-5 & 5A are due on this date for Non-residents. These forms require the relevant taxpayer to provide all the details of taxable supplies.
- 25th December: If there was insufficient ITC for the month of November, then GST challan payment has to be made by this date.
- 31st December: Form GSTR-9 for filing of annual returns is due on this date. In this form, all details of inbound and outbound sales in the year have to be specified. All registered taxpayers have to fill out this form.
(Exception Registered taxpayers with an annual revenue of INR 2 crores or less do not need to file GSTR-9.)
Need help with your GST Returns?
Choose LegalWiz as your GST partner
PF & ESIC Compliance
- 15th December: This is the due date for making the payment for Provident Fund and Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) for the month of November.
Income Tax Return Compliance
- 7th December: The TDS and TCS collected for the month of November have to be deposited latest by this date. This applies to all deductors.
- 15th December 2022:
- The third instalment of advance tax for the assessment year 2023-24 is due on this date.
- This is the due date for the submission of TDS certificate for tax deducted in October under the following sections of the Income Tax Act:
- 194-IA: TDS charged on transfer of certain immovable property other than agricultural land.
- 194-IB: TDS charged on rent paid by certain individuals or a Hindu Undivided Family.
- 194M: TDS charged on payment of certain sums by certain individuals or Hindu undivided family.
- 194S: TDS charged on payment for the transfer of any virtual digital asset.
- 30th December 2022: This is the due date for furnishing challan-cum-statement for TDS deducted for November under sections 194-IA,194-IB, 194M and 194S of the Income Tax Act.
- 31st December: This is the last date to file a revised or belated ITR. We suggest submitting your belated ITR before the due date as then you get time to file a revised ITR for it if required.
About the Author
Monjima is a lawyer and a professional content writer at LegalWiz.in. She has a keen interest in Legal technology & Legal design, and believes that content makes the world go round.
Leave A Comment