Documents required to open a bank account for company
Once the PLC (Private Limited Company) is formed, it is best to get the basic requirements in place. One such requirement is opening a current bank account for your private limited company. You must open a bank account for company within 60 days from the date of commencement of business. For companies, it is also necessary to carry out certain transactions to keep the operations running without any hassle.
What is a current account?
The current account is also known as a transaction account and demand deposit account. It is immediately available for deposits and withdrawals from any branch of the bank. The current account can carry a higher transaction limit. Also, liquid funds are always available for the owner. However, the owner doesn’t need to bear any interest in it to compensate for the same. Let’s have a look at the benefits and documents required to open a bank account for private limited company.
What are the benefits of a current account?
- Easy withdrawal facility to deal with cash transactions.
- Deposit cash or cheque at any branch of the bank makes it convenient to collect payments.
- Over drafting money is available for account holders in a current account.
- Separate cheque balance to be used every month.
- Get a chequebook every month at no charge to make payments to vendors without hassle.
- SMS updates of every transaction and bank balance.
What are the required documents to open a bank account for PLC?
Here’s a list of all the documents required to open a bank account for private limited company:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Article of Association (AOA)
- Board Resolution to identify the authorized board member
- List of directors
- Address proof of registered office address
- Director’s identity proof and authorized signatories
- Pan Card
- Adhar Card
- Voter Identity Card
- Driving License
- Senior Citizen card issued by central or state government
- Proof of appointment of directors (in case of any changes in the Board of Directors)
- Proof of resignation of directors (in case of any changes in the Board of Directors)
- Shareholding pattern of the company
- PAN Card of the company or PAN Card Application Acknowledgement
How to open a bank account?
Opening a bank account is as simple as it gets. There are 2 ways you can open a bank account for your company. You can visit the nearest bank or you can open a bank account for a company online. Due to digitalization, banks have a facility to open a bank account on behalf of your company. However, the documents remain the same for both procedures.
This was a list of all the documents required to open a bank account for private limited company. Ensure that the above-required documents are in place to open a bank account at the earliest. It is amongst the most basic requirements for company operations. Once you open a bank account, you need to file a Form INC-20A.
Benazir Shaikh is a company secretary pursuing her Internship at LegalWiz.in. She prospects to make a career in Legal & Secretarial field.
Please mention the legal provision governing the opening of Bank Account under the Companies Act 2013
Hi, Section 71 of the Companies Act 2013 governs the opening of a bank account by a company. Hope this helps!