How to migrate from Udyog Aadhar to Udyam registration?
The Indian government launched a new registration system for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) called Udyam Registration in 2020. This system replaced the previous Udyog Aadhar. Its aim was to simplify the existing MSME registration process. This converted the MSME registration process from Udyog Aadhar to the online Udyam registration process. If your company already has a Udyog Aadhar, you are required to re-register to Udyam. You can easily complete the process to migrate Udyog Aadhar to Udyam online. Once you re-register to Udyam, you once again can avail all the government benefits for MSMEs. Here is our step-by-step guide on how to migrate Udyog Aadhar to Udyam.
Why should you migrate Udyog Aadhar to Udyam registration?
There are several compelling reasons to consider migrating from Udyog to Udyam registration online. These include:
- Streamlined process: Firstly, Udyam has a simplified and intuitive registration process. One can complete this process online. This eliminates the need for physical documentation or visits to government offices, making the process faster and more convenient.
- Improved recognition: Secondly, Udyam provides a more complete and accurate representation of MSMEs, allowing for better recognition of the important role these enterprises play in the Indian economy.
- Access to benefits: Thirdly, MSMEs registered with Udyam are eligible for a range of government benefits, such as subsidies and loans, and may also see increased visibility in the marketplace. As mentioned earlier, the Udyam update has converted MSME registration process to Udyam. Without Udyam, an MSME can’t avail of the government benefits for MSMEs.
- Increased security: Additionally, the Udyam system is more transparent and secure, reducing the risk of fraud or misuse of registration certificates.
- Better data management: Moreover, the Udyam system features improved data management, allowing for more accurate tracking and analysis of MSME performance and impact.
In conclusion, migrating to Udyam offers a number of advantages to MSMEs, including a simplified registration process, improved recognition and benefits, increased security, and better data management. Hence, making the switch is an important step towards ensuring the growth and success of MSMEs in India.
Steps to migrate from Udyog Aadhar to Udyam registration
Access the Udyam Registration website
Firstly, to migrate Udyog Aadhar to Udyam, you have to access the official Udyam Registration website.
Select the correct option
Secondly, once you have opened the Udyam Registration website, to migrate from UAM, you will be presented with different options for different types of companies. If your company has already registered using Udyog, select the option “For those already having registration as UAM.”
Enter your Udyog Aadhar Number
Thirdly, after selecting the correct option, you will be taken to a page where you need to enter your Udyog Aadhar Number (UAN). You also have to select whether you want your OTP on your phone or email.
Validate and generate OTP
Finally, once you’ve entered your UAN and selected your OTP preference, click on “Validate and Generate OTP”. Accordingly, within a few moments, you should receive an OTP on your linked mobile number or email id.
Verify your identity
The next step for migrating Udyog Aadhar to Udyam is to verify your identity. Enter your OTP and click on verify.
Wait for completion
Once the verification process is complete, you will need to wait a couple of days to receive a message to revisit the system for the completion of the process. This is the final step to migrate from UAM.
Receive Udyam Certificate
After the completion of the process, you will receive your Udyam Certificate, which will serve as your official registration under the new Udyam system. After this, your Udyam Registration update process is all done.
In conclusion, migrating Udyog Aadhar to Udyam is a straightforward process that you can complete in just a few simple steps. If your company already has a Udyog Aadhar, you only need your Aadhar number for verification and no additional documents are required. Once you migrate from UAM to Udyam, you can avail all the Udyam registration benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Monjima is a lawyer and a professional content writer at LegalWiz.in. She has a keen interest in Legal technology & Legal design, and believes that content makes the world go round.