A Private Limited Company is considered one of the most popular structures for small, medium, and large businesses in India. Anyone looking to build a new scalable business can choose to register a private limited company online. Some of the most important advantages and features of a private limited company (Pvt Ltd) include limited liability of shareholders, separate legal entity, ease in raising funds, lower tax burden, and ease in registering and managing a business. Ahmedabad is one of the popular options for private limited company registration amongst startups since it is the largest city in the state of Gujarat. And plays a vital role as one of the economic and industrial hubs for industries like pharma, chemical, and manufacturing in India. Company registration in Ahmedabad will undoubtedly help in easily managing and growing your business with immense resources at your disposal in the form of talent, location, and finances.
Legalwiz.in is providing expert services online related to business registrations, legal compliances, and tax-related matters. We have been part of many startups and SME journeys with a team of competent professionals having vast industry experience. Let’s have a look at the requirements, process, fees, and documents required for Pvt Ltd company registration in Ahmedabad.
Prerequisite for company registration in Ahmedabad
For registering a company in Ahmedabad, the following are the requirements:
- The proposed company needs a minimum of 2 directors. And at least one director should be a permanent resident of India.
- A minimum of 2 shareholders are required.
- The authorized capital of INR.1 Lakh is a must. (Tip: You can keep minimum paid-up capital of INR.1 however it is advisable to keep the paid-up capital more than the face value of shares of the company.).
- A registered office in Ahmedabad is a must.
Process for company registration in Ahmedabad
Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) governs new company registration in India. All PVT LTD companies in Ahmedabad are registered with ROC (Registrar Of Company) Ahmedabad online. The following is the 3 simple step process to register a company in Ahmedabad:
1. Apply for the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) of all Directors and shareholders,
2. Apply for Name Reservation of the proposed company in RUN (SPICe+ Part A form),
3. Drafting and filling of web forms i.e, SPICe+ Part B, Agile Pro, SPICe+AOA(Article of Association), SPICe+MOA (Memorandum of Association).
Looking to register Private limited company in Ahmedabad?
Choose LegalWiz.in for expert solution.
Recent and updated documents of directors/shareholders along with registered office are required. All the proofs should not be older than 2 months. Below is the list of documents necessary to register a new company in Ahmedabad:
In the case of the director/shareholder who is an Indian National:
- Self-Attested copies of PAN and Aadhar of all the directors and shareholders
- Passport size photograph
- Self-Attested Proof of Identity i.e, Voter ID/Passport/Driving License
- Self-Attested Address Proof i.e, Mobile Bill/Telephone Bill/Electricity Bill/Latest Bank Account Statement not older than 2 months
In the case of a director/shareholder who is a Foreign National:
Notarized and apostilled proofs should be provided in the case of a foreign director/shareholder:
- Passport size photograph
- Proof of nationality i.e, a copy of a passport
- Address proof like Driving License/Bank Statement/utility bill
Documents for Registered Office:
- Business address proof i.e, Electricity Bill/Telephone Bill/Water Bill/Gas Bill
- Copy of Rent Agreement in case of rented property
- No objection Certificate from the owner of the Property
- Self-attested copies not older than 2 months
While registering a company there are 2 types of government fees. One is stamp duty which is based on authorized capital and the state of company registration. And another one is MCA form filing fees which are as per slab based on authorized capital. Government fees start from INR. 820 for a company with a minimum authorized share capital of INR. 1,00,000 in Ahmedabad and is subject to change as per MCA notification. In case someone wants to apply for a particular name for the proposed company, for each RUN form filing fees of INR. 1,000 is applicable. All the government fees are paid online through the MCA portal.
Frequently asked questions