Successfully Register in 3 Easy Steps
Answer a few simple questions
Tell us about the trademark to be registered
Upload required documents
Opt for a convenient payment option
Let us do all the filing work
Advice on the trademark classes for registration
Filing of trademark with the Registrar
Your Trademark is applied for
Start using the TM logo
100% satisfaction is guaranteed
Best in class customer care support
Choose Your Package
Our flexible pricing options make it easy to get started.
Authorisation Letter (PoA)
Suggestions for selection of Class for TM
Final Application Filing using Registered Attorney
Registration upto 2 classes
Registration upto 3 classes
Frequently Asked Questions
Trademark registration ordinarily composes of the following main components before the Trademark is granted:
- Application of Trademark in the right class and with the correct details
- Send to Vienna Codification - As soon as a new trade mark application is filed, a Vienna Code is assigned if the trade mark comprises figurative elements/logo. Vienna codification is done by the Registry so that trademark searches can be conducted for artworks/logos.
- Formalities Check – This is the first step of verifying the Trademark Application whereby The Trade Mark Registry usually checks if the basic requirements are met such as: whether the POA has been uploaded (when filed through an attorney) and whether appropriate translation/transliteration has been filed when the trademark is not in English/Hindi.
- Issue of Examination Report from the Ministry – On verification of basic details, the registry examines the application under various sections to see if the Trademark applied for would need any clarification under any of the Legal Sections of the Act. When they feel that any information is required, then they would issue an examination report with the relevant section to which a reply MUST be filed.
- Exam Report Issued / Accepted – After acceptance of the Trademark application or submission Examination Reply, as the case may be, if the registry is satisfied then they will proceed for the Trademark name or symbol or both to be published in the Trademark Journal
- "Advertised before acc" or "Advertised" or "Accepted & Advertised" – At this stage the trademarked name or logo or both are advertised in the Trademark journal and kept open for Objection for 4 months for any third party to oppose this Trademark. When any such objections are received, the status would change to Opposed – to which a proper reply should be filed.
- Registered – if no other objections, clarifications or oppositions are required to be addressed, the trademark application would be accepted and marked as ‘Registered’. This when the Trademark applicant can start using the ® symbol.
Trademark applications are first examined by the Ministry to see if any similar trademarks / trade names are already pending or registered with them. If they feel that there are such similarities, then the same is sent under the ‘Examination Report’ stage. On clearance of the examination stage, the ministry publishes the trademark in its Journal and keeps it open for objection by the public for 120 days. If any objections are received then the same is notified to the trademark applicants.
Legalwiz.in helps you reply to the examination report issued by the ministry as well as to file reply against objections received, if any, at a nominal cost.
Trademarks are classified into 2 parts, first being for products and second for service oriented industries.
Product Classes -
- Class 1 (Chemicals)
- Class 2 (Paints)
- Class 3 (Cosmetics and Cleaning Preparations)
- Class 4 (Lubricants and Fuels)
- Class 5 (Pharmaceuticals)
- Class 6 (Metal Goods)
- Class 7 (Machinery)
- Class 8 (Hand Tools)
- Class 9 (Electrical and Scientific Apparatus)
- Class 10 (Medical Apparatus)
- Class 11 (Environmental Control Apparatus)
- Class 12 (Vehicles)
- Class 13 (Firearms)
- Class 14 (Jewellery)
- Class 15 (Musical Instruments)
- Class 16 (Paper Goods and Printed Matter)
- Class 17 (Rubber Goods)
- Class 18 (Leather Goods)
- Class 19 (Non-metallic Building Materials)
- Class 20 (Furniture and Articles Not Otherwise Classified)
- Class 21 (Housewares and Glass)
- Class 22 (Cordage and Fibers)
- Class 23 (Yarns and Threads)
- Class 24 (Fabrics)
- Class 25 (Clothing)
- Class 26 (Fancy Goods)
- Class 27 (Floor Coverings)
- Class 28 (Toys and Sporting Goods)
- Class 29 (Meats and Processed Foods)
- Class 30 (Staple Foods)
- Class 31 (Natural Agricultural Products)
- Class 32 (Light Beverages)
- Class 33 (Wines and Spirits)
- Class 34 (Smokers' Articles)
Services Oriented Classes -
- Class 35 (Advertising and Business and Trading)
- Class 36 (Insurance and Financial)
- Class 37 (Building, Construction and Repair)
- Class 38 (Telecommunication)
- Class 39 (Transportation and Storage)
- Class 40 (Treatment of Materials)
- Class 41 (Education and Entertainment)
- Class 42 (Computer, Scientific and Legal)
- Class 43 (Hotels and Restaurants)
- Class 44 (Medical, Beauty, and Agricultural)
- Class 45 (Personal and Social Services)
Contact us for additional assistance
1800 313 4151 / +91 89806 85509
Mon to Sat 9:00am - 7:00pm IST
we will call you back in 24 hours
Registration of a trademark gives the owner a legal right, protection from free riders and exclusivity, it is an intangible asset for any company or person that gets his/her trademark registered. At LegalWiz, we cater to customers who are looking for a better, faster and affordable online service to register their trademark online in India, as per the Trade Marks Act 1999. We guarantee highest quality standard backed by 100% customer satisfaction. Our team of qualified professionals are always at your service to handle all the matters relating to filing of trademark putting you and your company at ease. We would see to it that all the legal and administrative aspects of registration of your trademark are taken care of. To register your trademark online, you need to spare less than 15 minutes. All you need to do is provide answers to a few simple questions and documents related to your company, and the rest would be taken care by the LegalWiz team. Subject matter experts are available on call or via email to answer your queries. We also provide a full spectrum of post registration services related to Trademark Objection, Trademark Renewal, Trademark Assignment, Copyright Registration, Personalized Legal Document Drafting, Accounting and Bookkeeping Services, etc. We offer services through an online model and a network of trusted affiliates across all major cities in India including Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Vadodara, Kolkata, Chennai, Noida, Gurgaon and others.