DIN is the Identification Number of the director and is assigned by the central government. It is a unique 8-digit identification number with lifetime validity. Details of the managers or appointed partners are kept in a database through DIN.
DIN is a unique ID number assigned to a person who is to be appointed as the Director/ Partner when applying for e-form DIR-3. When an LLP partner wants to change his appointment from a Partner to a Designated Partner, he must apply for DIN. DIN is a person’s definition and may only apply for one DIN if the same person is the director of two businesses. He does not need to apply for a new DIN even though he leaves the company and enters another business as a director.
Details required in DIN form (E-Form DIR-3)
For the documents attached, the information needed to be indicated in the e-Form DIR-3 is as follows.
The name, according to the PAN CARD.
The address is filled in according to the attached address evidence.
Also required are the Unique Mobile No and Mail Id.
Remark-Name details, name of the father, surname, etc. are tested in the DIR-3 E-Form using PAN No.
1) Photograph of the applicant
2) Self-attested copy PAN CARD
3) Self-attested proof of residence i.e., Aadhar card/ Any utility bill or bank statement not older than two months (in the name of applicant)
4) Attested passport copy is mandatory as ID proof for foreign nationals.
5) Digital signature certificate.
Signing Of Form Dir-3 (Din Application)
The DIR-3 form must be digitally signed by the applicant and verified and digitally signed by a Company Secretary in full-time employment of the company or by the Managing Director or Director or CEO or CFO of the existing company in which the applicant is intended to be appointed as a director.
Note In Case Of Foreign National As Applicant
Details of a valid passport should be filled in the DIR-3 form and must be attached to e-form DIR-3. Both relevant documentation should be apostilled and notarized in the applicant’s home country. If a foreign director has a valid Indian visa or Indian Origin Individual or Indian Overseas Citizen Passport, the attestation may also be performed by the Indian Public Notary / Gazetted Officer.
What are the fees for Din Application?
Application fees for DIN are Rs.500/-.
Grounds for Rejection of DIN Application
Only after examination of the documents attached to the application will a provisional DIN be approved.
Some of the common mistakes of the applicants that reject the DIN application are as low as possible.
- The documents supported are invalid or expired.
- A government agency has not issued proof of identity submitted.
- The application submitted shall be a duplicate DIN application, and one application is pending or approved by that applicant.
- There is no photograph attached to the application submitted.
- The signatures are not attached to the stated spot.
- The name of the applicant filed in the application form does not correspond to the name of the evidence included.
- The ID number entered in the application does not correspond to the identification evidence included.
- If the records used are not authenticated.
However, it is possible to make a new DIN application if the same is rejected earlier.
Mandatory Compliance for DIN Numbers: KYC
According to the MCA guidelines, any DIN holder with a valid DIN number must provide the MCA with his KYC information. This practice is also obligatory for disqualified directors.
Guide to file DIR-3 KYC
You will require the following documents to file DIR-3 KYC.
- Nationality and Citizenship Information: Gender and date of birth.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Voters ID Card
- Passport (mandatory when DIN is held by a foreign national)
- Driving License
- Aadhaar card
- Personal Mobile and
- Personal Email Address
- Residential address.
Apart from the items mentioned above, please keep the following things ready:
- Digital signature with an individual application form submission (applicant).
- Attestation of documents from practitioners such as CA, CS, or Cost Accountants, as mentioned above. Documents must be approved by the designated authority in the case of non-Indian citizens.
- The applicant must have a statement properly approved by practitioners.
What Happens if the eForm DIR-3 KYC is not filed within the Due Date specified?
If a Din holder does not submit the DIR-3 KYC on the site of the MCA 21, the department must mark the DIN “Disabled due to non-presentation of the DIR-3 KYC.”
If the holder of a DIN wishes to revitalize his DIN by sending eForm DIR-3 KYC at a late date, he shall be able to do so after paying a Rs 5,000 fee. To keep the DIN numbers approved, this form must be filed annually.