Today’s world is all about how easily one can get what they want. We’re talking about anything from fashion to food; we can get anything delivered to our doorstep by placing an online order on an e-commerce website. Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, Alibaba, Big Basket, Myntra, etc. are among the most popular websites to fulfill one’s demand without leaving home. These websites have changed the shopping experience by involving tons of new ideas like one-day delivery, try & return, cash on delivery, quick refunds, etc. Items are available at great discounts that nowadays people choose to shop online to save money and time
One of India’s premier e-commerce sites today is Flipkart. This platform offers entrepreneurs with great opportunities to sell their products throughout India. People selling their products through Flipkart platform are called Flipkart Sellers.
Through this post, you will learn the essential prerequisites to register as a Flipkart seller.
First and foremost, being a Flipkart seller includes signing up as a seller on the Flipkart Login page. Create an account on your Seller homepage on Flipkart’s website. Registration is very easy, requiring very few measures. A seller will be allowed to add details of the items he/she will sell through this website. Some of the basic details necessary to fill in while registering Flipkart seller are as follows:
- Name of the seller
- Phone number of the seller
- The email address of the seller
- Business address/ Pickup address
- Classification of product which the seller is looking to sell through Flipkart
- Tax registration documents; particularly GST registration
- Business registration documents such as Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum of Association, etc.
Additionally, some other important documents need to be submitted depending on the type of business being registered.
Businesses like Sole Proprietorship Firm, Partnership firms, LLPs & companies can register themselves as Seller on the Flipkart website. Let’s talk about document required for each business entity to get registration on Flipkart Seller portal:
1. Sole Proprietorship
Online markets are usually very simple for individuals who do not want to operate their shops but want to sell their products. Websites like Flipkart offer them the comfort to list their goods and sell them around the country online. Most individuals register with these portals. The person who opts to register under a brand name will immediately be named as the sole proprietor. This business model offers the owner no insurance and cannot expand its size due to unrestricted liability and restriction of access to loans, company grants, and banks. Therefore, being a sole proprietor seller is ideal for small-scale business with minimal risk. If you want to register as a sole proprietorship, here is a list of important documents and information to be submitted.
- Proof of identity
- A signed statement on the company’s letterhead specifying that the person controls and owns the bank account held in the company’s name.
- Passport of the sole proprietor
- PAN Card of the sole proprietor
- Voters ID/ Driving License of the sole proprietor
- Any other government identity card having a photo of the seller
- Proof of address
- Telephone bill in the name of the proprietor
- Bank Account Statement that belongs to a proprietor or a canceled cheque
- Electricity bill of the proprietor
- License or Lease agreement
- GST IN
2. Private Limited Company
Registration on Flipkart under the name of Private Limited Company provides several advantages. This entity form is by far the most suitable type of corporation. Private Limited Company’s features including limited liability that offers security for its promoters and shareholders, easy transferability, easy access to loans, separate legal entity, perpetual succession and risk-taking ability to grow business, etc are something that benefits sellers. When you register Private Limited Company for selling/trading items on online platforms like Flipkart, Amazon, PayTM it turns out to be a very progressive move. Here’s a list of important documents and information to submit:
- Proof of identity
- A copy of registration documents or Incorporation certificate of the Private Ltd. company
- Copy of MOA (Memorandum of Association)
- PAN Card of the company
- Proof of Address
- Telephone bill in the name of the company
- Electricity bill in the name of the company
- Rental or Lease agreement
- Canceled Cheque of the current account
- GSTIN (for all states where the business has their warehouse and supply of goods)
3. Partnership Firm or LLP
A seller may enter Flipkart as a Partnership Firm. Registering as a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) on Flipkart provides limited liability protection, separate legal entity, easy transfer-ability and documents required to become a Flipkart seller using a partnership or LLP business form include:
- Proof of Identity
- LLP Incorporation Certificate or Partnership Registration
- Power of Attorney duly authorized to a designated Partner or the employee in case of a Limited Liability Partnership or Partnership firm for transacting business operations on its behalf
- Partnership deed
- PAN Card of Partnership Firm or LLP
- Documents identifying themselves as Partners
- Proof of address
- Official document ratifying the address of the Partners
- Partner’s/LLP’s Electricity bill
- Partner’s/ LLP’s Telephone bill
- Rental or Lease agreement
- Electricity bill in the name of Partners/LLP
What are the other necessary registrations to be taken before one starts registering as Seller on Flipkart?
If the seller agreed to become a Flipkart seller and registered as a business entity for his / her planned business, the tax registration and bank details below will be required:
- Name of the business/entity
- PAN (Permanent Account Number) – PAN Card of the private limited company or individual or partnership
- GSTIN (Goods and Services Tax Identification Number) – GSTIN of the seller in case goods to be sold on Flipkart comes under the purview of GST
- TAN (Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number) – TAN is needed for TDS (Tax Deduction at Source)
- Bank account in the name of the business or entity
- Bank account number of the entity or business
- Bank IFSC code for the above-mentioned bank account
Each seller on these websites should register their brand name to protect their brand identity from other sellers who wish to register their goods under your brand name. Until licensed, Flipkart does not allow any other seller to list their products under the licensed brand name.
Flipkart offers its sellers a facility at Flipkart Warehouse (Fulfilment Centers) to store their goods. This facility reduces the seller’s burden to find space to store the goods that eventually decreases the additional investment needed to operate the company.
If a seller opts for Flipkart Fulfilment service, a seller will need to add a place of business to their respective GSTIN. If the seller prefers another state warehouse facility, he may need a separate GST registration for the specific state address.
Additional facilities such as shipping, ads, etc. are to be provided to sellers on Flipkart Platform that eases their burden to facilitate product distribution and marketing becomes very simple.
Start Selling on Flipkart
Once the account is registered as a Flipkart seller after providing the required information, documents, registration details, you may start selling their listed products on the portal.
Upon registration as a seller on Flipkart, it is very important to take care of enforcement, return filing, TDS filing and any other tax laws that relate to the e-commerce sector. GST return filing remains the most important aspect of compliance; experts at Legalwiz.in (Flipkart’s Official Legal Service Partners) will provide very smooth and trouble-free return filing services to Flipkart sellers at very reasonable and low rates.