Documents Required for Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Formation

Published On: Jul 21, 2017Last Updated: Oct 14, 20233.5 min read


ZZLimited Liability Partnership is a new form of business and a really convenient form of business. It is more advantageous for small business firms and start-ups to start or carry out their business with the least risk and convenience. This is the form of business which carries the benefit of Limited Liability like a Company as well as achieves the flexibility of the general Partnership. Although, if everything is done accurately, the LLP incorporation procedure is not a complex process. All you need to do is keep up with the given law and provide detailed documents to the RoC- Registrar of Companies.

Hence one shall be aware and careful about all the LLP Registration Documents that are needed when you go for Limited Liability Partnership registration.

For the registration of the LLP the Designated Partners need the following documents:

LLP Registration Documents:

Documents required can be bifurcated into two parts. Namely:

  1. In respect of Partner/Designated Partners
  2. In respect of the Registered Office

In respect of Partner/Designated Partners

An Indian National, as well as a Foreign National, can be a designated partner or partner of a Limited Liability Partnership. The documents required for LLP registration are listed below respectively:

LLP Registration Documents for Indian Nationals

The Indian Nationals will require these documents:

PAN Card (Self-attested by Designated Partner or Partner)

For Incorporation, it is mandatory to provide a PAN card copy where the name written on the PAN card serves as the identity proof. Therefore, it is essential to keep the PAN Card up-to-date (in case of a name change or marriage) when submitting the documents. Any errors in the PAN Card can impede the process.

Identity Proof (Self-attested by Designated Partner or Partner)

You can attach any of the above-mentioned proofs. These proofs should contain the name and details similar to the name and details stated in the PAN Card. In case they are not so then one should get them rectified before submitting them to the RoC. You can use the above-mentioned documents as address proof of the Partner/Designated Partner’s current address. Documents like Election Card, Adhaar Card etc. can also be provided here as proof.

Address Proof (Self-attested by Designated Partner or Partner)

Utility bills can be attached for this, The bills attached should not be more than 2-3 months old so as to get accepted. Additionally, it should contain the name of the Partner / Designated Partner as stated under the PAN Card.

Passport-sized photograph

You require Copies of the latest photographs of the partners.

LLP Registration Documents for Foreign Nationals


One of the d ocuments required for LLP incorporation are copies of the passport of the foreign national is mandatory for the Incorporation. That is because it states the identity of the foreign national. The Passport stating the Name and Date of Birth of the Partner/Designated Partner should be apostilled and notarised. Additionally, it should be in the English Language. (Translated in case the same is in a foreign language)

Address Proof:

The Partner/Designated Partner can attach any of the below-mentioned documents as address proof (apostilled and notarized):

  • Driving Licence
  • Residence Card
  • Bank Statement
  • A government-issued form of Identity containing the Address

Residential Proof:

The Partner/Designated Partner can attach Bank statements or any kind of bill such as Electricity Bills, Telephone Bills, and Mobile Bills. (apostilled and notarized document)

LLP Registration Documents for Registered Office Address:

You can provide the following documents:

  • Firstly, a document that states the full address of the property where LLP is being registered. Such as Electricity Bill/Property Tax Bill/ Telephone Bill etc.
  • Secondly, NOC, in the case of Rented Property: The no objection certificate along with the valid Rent Agreement by the owners of the Property.

You require the above-mentioned documents for the Incorporation of the Limited Liability Partnership with MCA. Submit these documents should be in a proper form, in order to follow the hassle-free Incorporation process. You must submit the registered office address proof along with the form filed for Certificate of Incorporation


By ensuring that all required LLP registration documents are accurate, complete, and submitted correctly, one can navigate the incorporation process smoothly and embark on their entrepreneurial journey within the framework of a Limited Liability Partnership.

Frequently Asked Questions

Related Services

Related Articles

Share This Post:

Shrijay Sheth
About the Author

Shrijay Sheth

Shrijay, co-founder of, is best known for his business acumen. On this platform, he shares his experiences backed by a strong understanding of digital commerce businesses. His more than a decade-long career includes a contribution to some of the highly successful startups and eCommerce brands across the globe.


  1. EZZUS 11/10/2017 at 7:59 am - Reply

    nice article thanks for giving this information

  2. Opticals Raiganj 29/04/2018 at 12:43 am - Reply

    Good post Opticals Raiganj. I became checking out continuously this site and I am fascinated! Helpful facts in particular the still left sections :) My partner and i maintain these info a good deal. I was trying to get this particular specific facts for some time. Thanks as well as good luck.

  3. canadian drugs 09/02/2022 at 4:45 pm - Reply

    Having read this I believed it was extremely informative.
    I appreciate you finding the time and effort to put this content together.
    I once again find myself personally spending
    a lot of time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth it!

  4. hipurbangirl 19/05/2022 at 6:53 am - Reply

    This info is worth everyone’s attention. Where can I find out more?

Leave A Comment