Employee State Insurance (ESI) is administered by the ESIC (a governmental body, independent from the Government of the Ministry of Labour and the Government of India), which was established by statute under the Ministry of Labour and the Government of India. We want to provide new opportunities for people in India by implementing this program. The employees enjoy benefits including generous healthcare, paid time off, and vacation.
Regardless of the number of employees, which earns more than Rs.21,000 a month, any business must register with the Employees State Insurance Corporation of India.
The employer would contribute 3.25% under this plan, while the employee would only pay 0.75% of his monthly salary under this method. To make an exception to this law, this contribution has to be under 176 Rupees a day.
What is the process of ESIC Registration?
Previously, registration was done manually. ESIC registration is now entirely online. The steps involved in ESIC Registration are as follows:
Step 1: ESIC Portal Login
Employers must register with the ESIC portal. They can create an account by logging on to the ESIC portal by clicking the ‘Sign Up’ button located underneath the ‘Employer Login’ option on the home screen. Employers must complete the form after pressing the ‘Sign up’ button.
Step 2: Avail Confirmation Mail
After filling the application for portal registration, the employer will receive an email confirmation of the email address and mobile number provided during registration. The email will contain the login details needed to register as an ESIC employer or employee.
Step 3: Employer Registration Form-1
In the third stage, use the username and password given in the mail to log into the ESIC portal. This will change to “New Job” on the next page. New company registration: Choose the ‘New Employer Registration’ option. When you’ve done, select ‘Unit Form from the drop-down list and press ‘Submit’ on the button. A ‘Register of Employers’ form will appear, and the employer should be sure to enter the information. This register has information about the boss, as well as workers in it. Once all has been filled out, the employer must click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application form.
Step 4: Registration Payment
After submitting the Employer Registration Form-1, the employer will be directed to the ‘Payment of Advance Contribution’ tab, where they must enter the amount to be paid and choose the payment mode. Employers would be required to pay the deferred contribution for six months.
Step 5: Registration Letter
After the employer successfully pays the six-month advance contribution, the ESIC department sends the employer a system-generated Registration Letter (C-11) that contains a 17-digit Registration Number. The Registration Letter (C-11) is legal evidence of the employer’s registration.
Documents required for ESIC Registration
No paperwork will be needed for registration; all can be done online. The papers required while registering must be given while applying for the online application.
1. A registration certificate obtained either under the:
- Factories Act, or
- Shops and Establishment Act
2. Certificate of Registration in case of Company, and Partnership deed in case of a Partnership
3. Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of the Company
4. A list of all the employees working in the Establishment
5. The Business Entity’s PAN Card, as well as the PAN Cards of all its workers
6. Salary information for all workers
7. A canceled check is drawn on the Company’s bank account
8. The Company’s Board of Directors
9. List of the Company’s Shareholders
10. Register of employee attendance
Benefits of availing of ESIC registration?
The advantages of enrolling in this program are various. Among them are the following:
1. Seventy percent (in the form of salary) sick pay in the event of any certified illness lasting a maximum of 91 days in any calendar year.
2. Medical benefits for employees and their dependents.
3. Maternity Benefits for Pregnant Women (paid leaves).
4. If an employee dies while on the job, 90 percent of his salary is paid to his dependents in the course of a monthly payout after the employee’s death.
5. The same as above in the event of an employee’s impairment.
6. Costs of funerals.
7. Costs associated with elderly medical treatment.
How many returns are filed each year following the completion of registration?
ESI Returns must be filed twice a year after registration. The following documents must be sent with the returns:
1. Employee Attendance Register
2. Type 6 – File 3. Wage register
4. Keep a record of all incidents that occur on the business’s grounds.
5. Receipts and challans every month