Trademark Class 2: Paints, Varnishes, Colourants and Lacquers
Class 2 includes mainly paints, colourants, lacquers and preparations used to protect against corrosion. It also includes preservatives against rust and wood deterioration; colourants; mordants; raw natural resins; and metals in foil and powder form for painters, decorators, printers, and artists. A trademark is a symbol identifying a personality or status of a company. It must be unique across the world.
Important goods included in Trademark Class 2
- Varnishes and lacquers for industry
- Handicrafts and arts
- Raw natural resins
- Preservatives against rust and wood deterioration
- Apparel dyes
- Food and beverage colourants
- Metals in foil and powder form for painters, decorators, printers, and artists
Trademark Class 2 list does not include
- Unprocessed artificial resins (Trademark Class 1)
- Laundry bluing (Trademark Class 3)
- Cosmetic dyes (Trademark Class 3)
- Paint boxes (articles for use in school) (Trademark Class 16)
- Insulating paints and varnishes (Trademark Class 17)
List of popular class 2 trademark examples
- Dulux: Paints, varnishes, lacquers, preservatives against rust and deterioration of wood
- Asian Paints: Paints, lacquers, varnishes, natural resins, metal, wall and wood fillers (putties), thinners, distempers, preservatives against rust and deterioration of wood, etc.
- Berger: Paints, varnishes, lacquers, thinners, dry colours, distempers, acrylic emulsion, dyes, dyestuffs, enamels, primers, resins, preservatives against rust and deterioration of wood, etc.
- Poddar Pigments: Colouring matters, dyestuffs, metals in foil and powder form, inorganic & organic pigments, additives such as antioxidants, stabilizers, antifogging, antimicrobials, flame retardants, smoke suppressants optical brighteners.
- Nippon Paint: Paints, varnishes, lacquers, and putty
- TATA: Oil cement, agglutinants for cement and concrete, paints, varnishes, lacquers, preservatives, colourants, mordants, raw natural resins, metals in foil and powder form for painters, decorators, printers and artists, etc.
- Sudarshan: Pigments
- Pidilite: Paints, pigments for paints, printing inks, rubber plastic, textile printing and leather cloth, dyestuffs
- Nerolac: Paints, varnishes, enamels, distempers, lacquers, paint and varnish driers, preservatives against rust and deterioration of wood, putties, fillers for use of painters and decorators, etc.
- Indigo: Paints, varnishes, lacquers, preservatives against rust and against deterioration of wood, colourants for domestic, commercial and industrial use.
Trademark registration is an important step toward building a strong brand. LegalWiz.in simplifies the process and enables customers from all walks of life, regardless of their level of familiarity with commercial law, to register a trademark in India. Reach out to us now!
List of goods classified under Trademark Class 2
All trademark goods protected under Class 2 are listed below:
1. What is the trademark class for paints?
Paints should be registered under trademark class 2 for goods. Various paints, colourants and dyes are all classified under class 2 for trademark goods.
2. What is the trademark class for resins?
Raw natural resins are classified under the trademark class 2 for goods. It should be noted that unprocessed artificial resins are classified under class 1 for trademark goods.
3. What is the trademark class for preservatives?
Preservatives against rust and wood deterioration are included in class 2 for trademark goods. It should be noted that salt used for anything other than food preservation is classified under trademark class 1. And salt for preserving foodstuffs is classified under trademark Class 3.
Miheel Parmar is a professional content writer at LegalWiz.in with a keen interest in all things tech. He firmly believes in content as a medium to positively impact audiences globally and can be found reading books when he is not writing.
Leave A Comment